There is a fairly large river that runs through the town,
but we were told it was too dirty
and not private enough for a baptism. I still thought it was a pretty river.
So we were directed several miles farther
down a little dirt road. We climbed down
a pretty
steep vine-covered little path, which reminded me a little of the movie Romancing the Stone.
through kind of a jungle forest to the little
spot where a stream had backed up
forming a pool that was deep enough for
baptisms.
Unfortunately, for those of us
on the banks trying to keep the mosquitoes at bay
with small tree branches, it wasn't the most spiritual experience.
Elder Morris with Anul
But it was a sweet baptism and memorable to see a river baptism
which doesn't happen very much anymore.
(And I
think that the chiggers who gave me with about 30 bites around my ankles
must
have had a great dinner that night!)
What a sweet experience. Baptisms are always so special no matter the circumstances.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog posts! I would have loved to see the river baptism and I'm sure those chiggers were grateful to you for providing dinner to their children ;)
ReplyDeleteSo enjoy reading your blog....will also remember your son in our prayers, as all of your family at this difficult time
ReplyDeletewe miss you both at the Temple
Love, The Beatty's
Thanks for sharing. I love reading your experiences!
ReplyDeleteMuch love from the Odells.
I love reading of your many adventures and LOVE receiving your blog!
ReplyDeleteOur hearts and prayers are with you both.
Love, Chris
Love the baptism picture of the happy missionary. Next time, you won't forget the repellent. Please email when you have more updates posted, love the reminder to look as we are very interested in your adventures!
ReplyDeleteLots of prayers going to you and your son Matt during this difficult time.
We really enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing your experiences with our family.
ReplyDelete