Friday, February 10, 2012

Our Week at the MTC


We finished our week at the MTC and made so many friends among the other senior missionary couples. I feel a little embarrassed about going to the Caribbean when others are headed to some really difficult places. There’s another Public Affairs missionary couple going to Cambodia and Laos and several couples going to Russia. Then there are two going to the Philippines, one to Indonesia, one to Australia, one to South Africa and one to the Democratic Republic of Congo. There is one going to Columbia, and one going to India. Plus a number going to locations in the US. Another couple is going to Santo Domingo, but they will be working in the Temple. We took some pictures of our district group.

We learned about how to preach the Gospel although we won’t be using that as Public Affairs missionaries where we are supposed to become friends with opinion leaders instead. We’ll learn more next week.

We went home every night to Heather’s which was fun to visit with the grandkids. However, I think if we do this again, we might want to just stay at the MTC 24/7 and have a language tutor at night. I don’t know how my Spanish will go in the coming months – I’m so glad that Rob speaks it fluently!

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to read these updates. The other missions may sound cushy, but I am sure you will have your fair share of challenges that will stretch you plenty. :)

    ReplyDelete