Sunday, March 25, 2012

Consuelo Branch


Last week, we were asked by the Mission President to go with him and his wife to visit the Consuelo Branch which is about an hour away from Santo Domingo. While there, the Branch President asked Rob if he could teach a Sunday School class each Sunday for the teenagers which he agreed to do. The members are very sweet although no one speaks English which is a challenge for me. I greet them and then just smile a lot:-)


About the first thing you see when you drive into this little town is this lovely Catholic church. Can you see the brightly painted walls?


I couldn't believe all the things that this man had loaded on his bike - it's a truck for him!


A typical street

Sunday is a market day for the villagers, and there were a lot of shops opened that we passed, including a butcher shop with things hanging up inside that I couldn't identify with cuts of meat that we eat. I'll try to get a picture next week...

Here's the little branch building.

The doors open right up into the chapel, and they kept them open the whole time, so you could hear the radios blaring from cars as they drove down the street, etc. It was a new experience for a worship service. If it got too noisy, they would just wait until it was quiet again outside.


We were there today with two other senior missionary couples. We helped them set up the chapel with chairs. I also helped sweep out the little room that was used for Primary for the younger children. There are about 8 fans in the ceiling which are the air conditioning - this should be interesting in the summer.

Sunday School class for the adults.

2 comments:

  1. Love these pictures--I know it is a pain to post them but it is so great seeing what you're experiencing. I have lots of questions so we need to have another skype session--is General Conference weekend good for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures. You are doing such a good job on the
    blog, I like hearing what you are doing and it looks like such
    a special time for you.

    Deanne

    ReplyDelete