Sunday, April 1, 2012

Los carros son locos!



For my blog entry for this week, I thought I would try to take some pictures of some of the cars and taxis here, so that you can understand why they don’t seem to care if they weave in and out of cars or get in accidents. "Los carros son locos" means that the cars are crazy. I've made up a little song that I sing while we drive to work in the morning that goes to the tune of "Cielito Lindo" ( and begins "Ay, yi, yi, yi. Los carros son locos...") It goes on to talk about the stupid taxi drivers and motorcyclists. It helps me not get upset when everyone is driving to crazy And, of course, because that was my plan, I didn’t see as many as I have in the past. I hope that you can tell from these examples below.

Note, the multi-colors, missing rear lights, etc.

We see a lot of cars that have multi-colors from either mixed parts, or something?

The bus' right fender has been hit, but then notice the big dents up higher - I wonder how those happened?

It's very typical to see taxis missing parts.

A nice car that someone read-ended (and that they probably won't repair.

Now you would think that because of all the accidents that no one would drive a nice car in the city. But the other day, we were stopped at a light, and Rob remarked that there was a new Maserati sedan (probably retailing for $125,000) right next to us. We also pass a Porsche/Ferrari dealership on the way to work every day. So I guess that it's not an issue for some folks...

1 comment:

  1. I love to read your blog! I feel like your are close by when I do.

    ReplyDelete